Classes of hosting services
A hosting solution is associated with stashing and/or sharing certain content on a hosting server handled by a hosting distributor. There are various varieties of hosting services utilized for various goals, so let's study them. Thus, you can pick what you want, based on whether you wish to run a blog, electronic mail accounts, or to share files with friends and acquaintances.
- File hosting: a service distributed by various file storage providers, which allows you to share bulky files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived files, and so on. This solution is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not offer website uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either get a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to explore a roster of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to open .html or .php web page files in your browser. Free file hosting packages frequently include adverts by the download links, while a timer compels you to await a certain spell of time to see them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you buy a paid file hosting account, there are no limits as to how many files you can upload/download straight away, and also there is no restriction when it comes to the download speed or the file size.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel hosting suppliers, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modish "cloud hosting". This is a completely wrong interpretation of the actual meaning of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting platform would assign the load between individual stacks of web servers in a cluster, which are committed to serving miscellaneous web hosting services (electronic mail, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, web hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is simply a sort of a storage space hosting solution, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; given firms provide a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting type is good if you want to share an immense number of images with mates or partners since the service is usually free of charge. You will obtain a random link for every image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage service, .html and .php files are not supported, so the solution cannot be utilized for sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to handling your e-mail box accounts. Some companies offer hosting services for web pages, but do not offer an email hosting solution. If you want to keep a mail address with your domain name but do not want to own a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you want. You can create mailbox accounts and manage them, but there will be no web solution for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video clip, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of utilizing this approach instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video generates a particular amount of central processing unit load, so with several video clips and several hundred web site viewers, you may have trouble with your web hosting resources. Embedding the video will permit you to keep as many video clips as you want to without bothering about system supplies.
- Website hosting: this is the solution that you require if you want to possess a web site. To a certain degree, it incorporates all of the aforementioned hosting variants since, along with your websites, you can also host pictures and files, you can have databases and e-mail address accounts, upload video clips, etc. At San Diego Business Hosting, for instance, you can explore web hosting and dedicated web hosting plans that enable you to have all of the abovementioned solutions in one place. There may be restrictions depending on the type of hosting service that you've selected - a free hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your site hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the customary email/file/video/image hosting plans that are intended for specific web content only.